I don’t know what the weather’s like where you are, but here in Washington, DC…it is hot. It is really, really, friggin’ hot. So hot you realize asphalt has a liquid state. So hot you break out in a sweat at 7:30am before you even head to work.
Wait there’s more. You should know I have outright stolen these from a web site that admitted it stole some of these from other web sites; and they’re all about Arizona but it all works for right here, right now.
It is SO hot….
- you learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.
- you can attend any function wearing shorts and a tank top.
- you discover that it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.
- you notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
- hot water now comes out of both taps.
True, not the funniest stuff in the world, but they get points for being topical.
And now for the photo gallery portion of our presentation. This picture needs no caption. The dog is brilliant and lucky he can fit in there:
I thought at first this was a cat, but it’s another hot dog:
And I run this photo as a public service:
Oh- and one global warming question. How come when it snows 30 feet in the winter-time, critics of global warming theories giggle and laugh and throw spitballs from the back of the classroom….but when it’s 99 degrees in June, heat-records are falling and August has arrived a full two months early, these critics are nowhere in sight?